- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add egg; mix well. Add flour; stir until well blended. Stir in cereal.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies. With fingertip, make 3 indents on one side of each cookie for “pawprint.”
- Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill “pawprint” indents with melted chocolate. Place 1 sliced almond in chocolate in each indent; press almond lightly into chocolate to secure. Let stand until set.