Malt-O-Meal Flower Bouquet Craft
This is one of our favorite out-of-the-bag crafts! Malt-O-Meal® cereal bags can be transformed into a colorful and decorative flower bouquet – no watering necessary. All you need is a ruler, a pair of scissors, straws, a pipe cleaner or fishing line, and a bag of Malt-O-Meal® cereal (we used Marshmallow Mateys®, Tootie Fruities® and Frosted Flakes).
- Prep time: 5 Min
- Total time: 20 Min
- Malt-O-Meal® cereal bag
- Pipecleaner or fishing line
- Take an empty Malt-O-Meal® cereal bag, the more colorful the better!
- Cut off seams on either end, and open the bag by cutting down one of the sides
- Cut bag into sections – for smaller tighter flowers, 4″x6″ – for larger, fuller flowers, 5″x8″ will work best
- Stack the cut sections in quantities based on fullness, 4-6 work best
- Line up the stacks the best you can and accordion fold them from one end to the next – secure it with a pipe cleaner or fishing line
- *Optional* Cut the ends of the accordion to give your flower more shape, either into a triangle point or rounded
- Layer by layer, fluff the flower out towards the center
- Once fluffed, the flowers can be placed in a glass or vase (tip: to make the stem sturdier, thread the pipe cleaner through a straw)
- Enjoy your new bouquet (no watering necessary)