Lemony Wheatful Fruit Bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- Finely grated peel from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (such as prune, apricot, pear)
- Mix margarine, milk, eggs, lemon peel, juice and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Stir in flour, crushed cereal, baking soda and cinnamon until blended. Stir in fruit.
- Spoon into 9×5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Store wrapped in plastic wrap. Cut into 12 slices to serve.