Honey Cereal and Ginger Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix egg, cereal and honey in small bowl; let stand 5 min. Mix flour, baking soda and spices in another bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl until creamy; blend in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into 40 (1-inch) balls; roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until evenly coated. Place, 2 inches apart, on lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten balls with bottom of glass.
- Bake 7 to 9 min. or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 min. before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.