Cinnamon Cereal Waffles with Milk Glaze
Recipe by Nibbles & Feasts athttp://www.nibblesandfeasts.com
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Cinnamon PEBBLES™ Cereal
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup melted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 2 cups Cinnamon PEBBLES™ in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, milk, buttermilk and butter.
- Stir in wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in egg whites into mixture with a silicone spatula until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop 1/3 cup mixture on preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with remaining Cinnamon PEBBLES™, pecans and a drizzle of milk glaze.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MILK GLAZE
- Combine powdered sugar, water and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until a glaze consistency forms.