- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until very frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.