- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2-1/4 cups Post Bran Flakes, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-flavored applesauce
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine baking mix, 2 cups of the cereal, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the walnuts in large bowl. Add applesauce, milk and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into paper-lined medium muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full. Combine remaining 1/4 cup cereal, 1/4 cup walnuts and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled.